IOWA HOLSTEIN FUTURITY CHALLANGE 2025
Please fill out the form below and send it to:
Iowa Holstein Futurity • Matt Henkes, Secretary
17061 165th St, Luana, IA 52156 • 563-880-8614
How do I enter?
• Complete the Futurity Form in Excel available at www.iowaholsteins.org and email it to the Futurity secretary with appropriate fees by March 27, 2023. A pdf form will also be available online if you don’t have access to Excel. Eligible animals are those registered Holstein females born September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022. The initial fee is low to encourage you to enter several calves. You can always drop payment at subsequent deadlines.
What about heifers already entered?
• Entries made last year for the 2023 and 2024 Futurities will need to be updated. The Futurity Secretary will mail your form to you. Simply make payments on those animals you wish to re-enter, crossing out any you wish to drop. These entries are also due March 27, 2023.
What kind of calves should be entered?
• Your show calves that are already halter broke. Is your calf bred to have a good udder? Enter her!
• Your fancy calf, out of a good cow, that was just the wrong age for the calf class. Enter her!
• Last summer's babies. They may show as first lactation 3-Year-Olds, but that just might be to their advantage. Enter them!
• The calf you plan to sell in the Iowa Spring Sale. A $2 entry may reap bigger dividends at the sale. Enter that calf!
• Any calf you might sell as a show calf or junior project calf. You pay the first entry and if the buyer wants to keep up the entries they may. It is the seller's responsibility to inform the buyer of the animal's eligibility, and the buyer's responsibility to submit subsequent fees.
Attention Junior Members
• To be eligible for JUNIOR BRED AND OWNED awards for future Futurities your name must be listed on the animal's registration paper as the BREEDER. The Challenge
• During the next year, you are breeding your cows and heifers for calves that will be eligible for Futurities in 2026 and 2027. Think about the bulls you are using. Think about the cow that is the foundation. Can you breed the futurity winner? Great cows are usually no accident! Have a plan, carry it out and let us all evaluate the results. See you at the show!